The FIFA have currently a problem with the World Cup to be host in Qatar in 2022.
For the 1st time of this global event, it'll possibly be played during winter. Why ? Because of the extreme heat of Arabian summer. Poor millionaire football players !
A recent article of The Guardian highlights how the construction workers are treated in Qatar to build the World Cup infrastructures... Of course they must work during hot Qatarian summer, but they also die because of the extreme heat. Most of them are Nepalese workers who are facing working conditions close to slavery.
" According to documents obtained from the Nepalese embassy in Doha, at least 44 workers died between 4 June and 8 August. More than half died of heart attacks, heart failure or workplace accidents."
"The investigation also reveals:
• Evidence of forced labour on a huge World Cup infrastructure project.
• Some Nepalese men have alleged that they have not been paid for months and have had their salaries retained to stop them running away.
• Some workers on other sites say employers routinely confiscate passports and refuse to issue ID cards, in effect reducing them to the status of illegal aliens.
• Some labourers say they have been denied access to free drinking water in the desert heat.
• About 30 Nepalese sought refuge at their embassy in Doha to escape the brutal conditions of their employment."
To know more : you should read the article and watch the video report on Guardian website !